$75 Entry Fee!
1. No pre-cooking is allowed. Cooking may begin after cooks’ meeting at 9:15 a.m.
2. Cookers must provide all equipment and supplies including tables and tents. You will need to bring your own meat, ingredients, mixing bowls, serving trays, utensils and all other items you may need. 3. A space of approximately 10’ x 12’ will be allotted.
4. You are encouraged to decorate your space as you wish.
5. Burgers must be ready for judging between 11:45 am and 12 pm.
6. Each contestant will be assigned a number by a member of the Festival Committee. Each contestant should verify that the number on their entry container is the same as their assigned contestant number.
7. Judges will vote for the burger they like the best based on the following considerations: flavor, texture of meat, aroma and presentation.
8. Setup may begin as early as 7 a.m. and must be complete before 10 a.m.
9. Cooking may be done on Gas or Charcoal Grill. Space is limited. No electricity is available onsite. All equipment you bring must be self-sufficient requiring no electricity including grills, tables, chairs, and pop up tent/shelter.
10. All burgers must be cooked on site. Prep work of some ingredients may be done offsite but all cooking and assembly of burgers must be made onsite.
11. All burgers must be submitted on a bun and served in the container supplied by the Festival Committee.
12. All property and equipment used for cooking must be confined to your allocated space. All equipment must also be free standing. No stakes or digging is allowed.
13. Neither the City of Athens nor any volunteer will be held responsible for loss, damage, theft, injury, or accidents.
14. The Festival Committee reserves the right to amend regulations as circumstances warrant.
15. The decision of the judges is final.
**Cook-off Teams are not required to give out samples**
1st place: $500
2nd place: $250
3rd place: $100
*1st place will also receive a trophy*